Delivering a rebranding strategy across a number of locations to a tight timescale is no mean feat. Nevertheless, Bagnalls delivered 100% on its commitment to redecorate over 30 Bingo clubs as part of a rebrand for Buzz Bingo.
Bagnalls is a specialist painting and decorating contractor and its Special Projects division managed the redecoration of more than thirty clubs across the Southern region, with the support of the local Bagnalls branches.
With such a varied estate the process had to be planned to perfection and a bespoke redecoration scheme developed for every club. The team at Buzz Bingo provided clear instructions for each individual site from Plymouth to Colchester. All customer facing areas including the lobby, bingo sales area and bingo hall were highlighted for redecoration with a contemporary colour palette of dusky pinks and greys.
- To meet the exacting timescales, the Special Projects division:
- Centrally coordinated the work across Bagnalls network of branches
- Ensured that hand-picked teams of directly employed painters were assigned to each of the clubs in their area
- Made sure that the site foreman met with the local club manager daily to reassure them of the works completed to date and that all work areas were free of hazards at the end of each working day, eliminating any risk to Buzz Bingo’s customers and staff
- Communicated regular updates with Buzz Bingo’s Project Team
- Completed all works to time and specification
- Offered flexibility and adapted easily to change to variations in the scope of work
- And ensured that all clubs were handed over to Buzz Bingo snag free
From the outset the remit was absolutely clear, that while delivering the rebranding programme, the wellbeing of the Buzz Bingo customers was paramount. Bagnalls therefore arranged its safe systems of work to eliminate any impact the redecoration works would have on the daily influx of customers. Of particular importance was maintaining a quiet working environment at all times, even though works were undertaken while the club remained open to the public. To meet this requirement, the local site teams avoided painting in the bingo halls during peak playing times.
Furthermore, Bagnalls had to plan its programme of works alongside signage and screen contractors, so the timeliness of the painting resulted in the efficient delivery of sequenced works by other contractors.
Also, key to the success of the project was the support provided by the paint manufacturer, PPG Architectural coatings, which provided a Johnstones Trade paint specification to meet the needs of Buzz Bingo. Special batch mixes of the accent red used to match the Buzz Bingo branding were manufactured at its site in Birstall to ensure the colour and sheen of the new branding.
The final feedback from the Head of Projects at Buzz Bingo said it all. “We did it!! THANK YOU… I am really proud that we have delivered as a team our part of relaunching the business. We could NOT have done it without the passion, commitment, and drive that you have shown throughout this project. Pass on my thanks to your teams, they deserve a huge well done for this project. Thanks again.”
Bagnalls is a national painting, decorating and specialist coatings contractor, with 16 branch locations in the UK. Established in 1875 the company remains family owned and managed.